Images are an effective way to generate interest in your content marketing efforts. Thumbnails are the first thing that someone sees when they’re scrolling through their twitter or their facebook feed. That’s why it’s critical to spend just 1 or 2 minutes to create a simple but attractive thumbnail image for your blog posts.
That’s not just hand-wavy speculation by the way, it’s real science. Jeff Bullas showed some statistics about that in his blog post on May 28th 2012.
6 Powerful Reasons Why you Should include Images in your Marketing
- Articles with images get 94% more total views
- Including a Photo and a video in a press release increases views by over 45%
- 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact a business when an image shows up in local search results
- In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product
- In an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important than product-specific information (63%), a long description (54%) and ratings and reviews (53%)
- Engagement rate on Facebook for photos averages 0.37% where text only is 0.27% (this translates to a 37% higher level of engagement for photos over text)
- read the full list…
Clearly it’s important and valuable to add images to your blog posts. But if you’re really trying to scale your content marketing, how can you constantly produce high quality images at the same time?
In this short tutorial video, Hayk explains how to make impressive thumbnails in just under two minutes.
How to Make Impressive Blog Thumbnails in Less Than 2 Minutes
6 Steps To Make Quick Blog Thumbnails
Blog thumbnails are the first impression you make as readers pour into your site. It is essential to put your best foot forward, and it has, to begin with, a good understanding of these thumbnails and how to create them.
Let’s go through the steps:
1) Type “pablo.buffer.com” into the address bar.
2) Sift through the images (on left). Pick an image and double click to edit text.
3) Insert text as desired with the font you prefer. Tweak the sizing and placement.
4) You can add logos and other details as required.
5) Once happy with the thumbnail, click “Share and Download” on the side. This will give you a set of options as to where you can save the file. You will click “Download” and it should save on your computer.
6) That’s all. You will now have a thumbnail that can be uploaded as you wish.
These are the primary steps of creating quick blog thumbnails. They should take less than two minutes as long as you have a vision in mind of what is required. Some can do it even faster!
How To Sign Up For Buffer Account
All you need in order to do this yourself is a free tool called Pablo from Buffer. Just click that link to go to their website.
Go to “Get Started With Buffer” At the top right-hand corner. You will follow all of the instructions given on this page and fill out everything.
This should give you access to all of the features this excellent thumbnail tool has to offer. All you do after you’re logged in is just go to pablo.buffer.com to access the graphics tool.
Now that you’ve watched the video and signed up for buffer, you’re well on your way to beautiful blog thumbnails every time.
Benefits Of Good Blog Thumbnails
What are the advantages of good blog thumbnails? Why should you spend time doing this when you could leave it as is and hope for the best?
The first thing is the impression you make. An excellent blog thumbnail is going to show a sense of professionalism and attention to detail. Sub-consciously, readers are attracted to these thumbnails.
Want a good example of how that is the case? Go to YouTube and look at videos with professional thumbnails and those wish wing it. Which one is better? It is always the professional one.
Look at these thumbnails. I just searched “content marketing” on youtube and think about which video you would watch.
Making nice thumbnails is very quick, so you are not wasting a lot of time. It is beneficial because it increases the volume of conversions (i.e. readers coming in) and that is what matters.
Make your blog thumbnails and notice how it bolsters your results in seconds.
To get more quick and easy content marketing tips like this one, just subscribe to the logic inbound youtube channel. We will set up an email list very soon in order to update you with new strategies and tactics as soon as they’re published.